If you’ve been searching for a vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free breakfast with a vibe reminiscent of a cozy bowl of oats, look no further. This Raw Apple-Cinnamon & Chia Breakfast Bowl packs all the fibre, comfort, and warming spices of an apple-laden oat dish without a grain in sight.
- 3 honeycrisp apples, peeled and cored, divided
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- raw walnuts
- dried cranberries
- hemp seeds
- Finely diced one of the honeycrisp apples and add to an airtight container.
- Take two of the honeycrisp apples and cut them into large pieces. Add the apple pieces to a food processor along with the dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pulse the mixture several times and then let it process for 2-3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the mixture down the sides. Pour the apple-date mixture into the container with the diced apple and stir in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Divide the apple mixture between two bowls and top with raw walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and hemp seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers.