Serves 2 – Double Quantity For More Serves
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock (or Miso soup mix)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 175g/6oz
- 1 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- mint or basil leaves and a little shredded chilli (optional), to serve
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 20 mins, until the chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken to a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.
Return the chicken to the stock with 50g rice or wheat noodles, 2 tbsp sweetcorn, 2-3 thinly sliced mushrooms, 1 shredded spring onion and 2 tsp soy sauce.
Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender.
Ladle into two bowls and scatter over the remaining shredded spring onion, mint or basil leaves and shredded chilli if using. Serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling.