- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 12 skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 700g bottle tomato passata
- 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 200g green beans, steamed
Heat 1/2 the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to slow cooker.
Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until just browned all over. Add to slow cooker.
Add celery, carrot, garlic, passata, stock, oregano and sugar to slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours), adding mushroom in the last 30 minutes of cooking. Season.
Add olives to the remaining chicken mixture. Stir to combine. Serve cacciatore with beans and crusty bread.